Every day Flat World Global Solutions provides our customers in the transportation industry with the tools they need to compare rates, keep track of goods throughout the entire life cycle of a shipment, increase efficiency, and most of all – maintain a competitive advantage in the market!
We are seeking an enthusiastic Business Development professional who is experienced in solution-based selling and business development. Flat World Global Solutions has built its reputation on core values of honesty, trust, and hard work. This reputation, and a focus on excellence, quality and industry expertise has supported the growth and geographic expansion underway today.
The ideal candidate will leverage Flat World Global Solutions capabilities to secure new domestic and international shipping clients with new profitable business through strategic sales and marketing activities including sales calls, business meetings, presentations, and other avenues of uncovering new business.
- Deliver new clients and profitable growth for the organization by utilizing your current and future network of contacts.
- Present, promote and position our services using proven strategies and techniques to prospective clients
- Reach out to potential clients through all sales outreach methods; cold calling, networking, face to face meetings, e-mail, etc. to create positive revenue growth.
- Ability to hold high level discussions with C-Suite by connecting our expertise to the results they need in order to drive positive results within their organization.
- Create and perform analytics / data review to uncover new business opportunities with positive revenue implications.
- Link internal data and opportunity with external available target client background and contact information to identify potential sales outreach strategy.
- Develop root cause analysis of ongoing client opportunities for improved value, service, and cost, including carrier optimization, modal optimization, pool consolidation and distribution, and other qualitative insights.
- Perform the analytical due diligence required to understand the impact of proposed improved value initiatives on client business and create business case client proposals.
Qualifications / Skills / Knowledge
- Background in 3PL, international freight forwarding, LTL, truckload brokerage, and/or parcel is highly preferred.
- Individual capable and willing to learn all aspects of our business while leveraging their expertise and sales acumen to promote all services offered by our Company
- Experience analyzing and combining multiple sets of data to reflect business opportunities, needs, and potential outcomes.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across business functions to obtain multiple data sets, points of view and lead problem solving initiatives.
- Customer-centric approach with a dedication to excellence in customer experience and business performance.
- Attention to detail, time management and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with high degree of problem-solving skills.
- Financial and statistical acumen.
- A positive attitude who is flexible and able to work as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 2+ years of professional business to business sales experience.
- No geographic territory. Travel optional based upon business opportunities.
What’s in it for you?
- A very competitive salary and unlimited sales incentive potential
- Excellent health benefits package including FREE dental coverage for employee (additional cost to add dependents)
- Work – Life balance with above average PTO plan
- Company-wide employee appreciation activities
- You’ll join an organization acknowledged as St Louis Top Place to Work in 2018 & 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Intentional Positive Uplifting Culture of Success
- Company matched 401K (fully vested after 1 year of employment)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with our without notice.
To learn more about Flat World Global Solutions and why we have been nominated in the Saint Louis Top Workplaces in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, check us out at https://flatworldgs.com/flat-world-named-a-st-louis-top-workplace-for-fourth-consecutive-year/
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.