Every day Flat World Global Solutions provides our customers in the transportation industry with the tools they need to compare rates, keep track of goods throughout the entire life cycle of a shipment, increase efficiency, and most of all – maintain a competitive advantage in the market!
We are seeking an enthusiastic Business Development professional who is experienced in solution-based selling and business development. Flat World Global Solutions has built its reputation on core values of honesty, trust, and hard work. This reputation, and a focus on excellence, quality and industry expertise has supported the growth and geographic expansion underway today.
The ideal candidate will combine their own transportation and logistics experience with Flat World Global Solutions capabilities and service to secure new profitable domestic and international clients.
- Deliver new clients and profitable growth in support of achieving company revenue and gross margin targets.
- Present, promote and position our services and solutions to ideal clients within defined target markets.
- Establish an outreach cadence to potential clients through various sales methods; cold calling, networking, face-to-face meetings, e-mail, ect. to create positive relationships and revenue growth.
- Create and perform analytics/data review to uncover new business opportunities and revenue growth with current and prospective clients.
- Daily use internal CRM to manage and track customer, prospect and opportunity data.
Qualifications / Skills / Knowledge
- Background in 3PL, international freight forwarding, LTL, truckload brokerage, and/or parcel is highly preferred.
- Solution and enterprise sales experience.
- Hunter mentality capable of building a portfolio from the ground up.
- Individual capable and willing to learn all aspects of our business while leveraging their expertise and sales acumen to promote all services offered by our company.
- Experience analyzing and combining multiple sets of data to reflect business opportunities, needs, and potential outcomes.
- Customer-centric approach with a dedication to excellence in customer experience and business performance.
- Attention to detail, time management and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with high degree of problem-solving skills.
- Financial and statistical acumen.
- A positive attitude who is flexible and able to work as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 2+ years of professional business to business sales experience.
Working Environment and Travel
- This is 100% remote position with an open invitation for visits/in-office days at our St. Louis headquarters, International Chicago office or other appropriate warehouse locations.
- Work collaboratively with internal operational and marketing team members to support a consistent ongoing customer experience, prospecting and sales process.
- Culture of excellence for individuals, teams, customer experiences and company.
- A minimum of 20% travel overall and dependent on customer/prospect/industry event locations.
- 100% travel first week of employment for in-house onboarding at headquarters in St. Louis.
What’s in it for you?
- A very competitive salary and unlimited sales incentive potential
- Excellent health benefits package including FREE dental coverage for employee (additional cost to add dependents)
- Work – Life balance with above average PTO plan
- Company-wide employee appreciation activities
- You’ll join an organization acknowledged as St Louis Top Place to Work for five years in a row from 2018 through 2022
- Intentional Positive Uplifting Culture of Success
- Company matched 401K (fully vested after 1 year of employment)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with our without notice.
To learn more about Flat World Global Solutions and why we have been nominated in the Saint Louis Top Workplaces in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, check us out at https://flatworldgs.com/flat-world-named-a-st-louis-top-workplace-for-fourth-consecutive-year/
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.